Sunday, February 22, 2009

Chief Speaks

Via the LiveJournal Battlestar Blog, and The Chief's Deck, Aaron Douglas himself comments on the latest BSG episode, Deadlock:

In many ways I agree with all of you. I am still totally convinced that Tyrol would leave but I do have my own reasons why he would...

Tyrols judgement is clouded and we can see that by the fact that he ignores the pleas of Anders to stay with the ship.

All will be revealed, have patience my young apprentices....

Jane Espenson is one of the finest writers I have ever met. She was not just a writer of singular episodes but she is a true force in the breaking of stories, the shaping of each script, the development of characters and is always makes herself available for questions and discussions. Let's not forget that it was Jane who wrote the incredible episode where Adama busts the Chief down to private, one of my favorite scenes of the entire show.

Last nights episode was more of the 'information' ep like the last one. The remaining few eps will really inform this episode.

Have patience....

AD


Read the entirety of Aaron's comments here.

ETA: Check out this funny story from Wil Wheaton involving Aaron Douglas and Gil Gerard. (Also check out Wil's spoiler free comments from an advance screening of Watchmen he attended.)

8 comments:

Eric H said...

Thanks for posting this. I clicked through to Aaron's full comments and I recommend them to anyone who had trouble buying Tyrol's vote in Deadlocked. It was also really nice to see his shoutout to Jane.

I say this every Sunday night, but....is it Friday yet? No? Dang.

Justin said...

I agree - that definitely helped me understand Tyrol's vote a lot better. At first I just wrote it off as a plot device, created to make Ellen the deciding vote. I did like the episode though, and would LOVE to see the cut scenes with the Centurions-As-Marines discussion!

BTW, I loved the little typo Aaron made saying that "died with Nicki being Hotdogs father." ;-) That's one plot twist I don't think we'll ever see!

Anonymous said...

Could you please include a link to the whole thread? (http://community.livejournal.com/aarondouglas/150842.html) instead of just Aaron's comment? It kinda doesn't make sense unless you see what Aaron is actually replying to. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

ignore me. I just realised that you already did :)

Logan Gawain said...

no problem Meshel. :) You and the Chief's Deck rock. :)

Craig Ranapia said...

It was also really nice to see his shoutout to Jane.

Certainly was, considering the amount of (very personal) vitriol getting flung in her direction. OK, I can respect (but disagree with) people for whom Jane's writing style isn't their cup of tea, or had nits to pick with 'Deadlock'. But anyone who really thinks 'Deadlock' was "the worse episode ever", needs to be forced to watch 'Black Market' a couple of hundred times in a row, Clockwork Orange style.

brisotope said...

@Craig...watching Black Market a couple of times?!?! Sadist! Hahahaha. You're right, anything looks good in comparison.

I have a question....how is that Gil Gerard (Gil Gerard folks!) was privy to information no one in fandom gets.

Anonymous said...

@ Brisotope

Gil's spoiler to Wil Weaton was that Aaron was one of the final five cylons. Wil hasn't seen the end of S3 yet. So technically Gil wasn't giving out a spoiler because he was talking about something that had already aired. He wasn't to know Wil hadn't seen it.