Sunday, June 15, 2008

Eddie & Mary

YouTuber Sczep84 has several videos from an old panel at the Paley Center with Ron Moore, David Eick, Mary McDonnell, and Edward James Olmos discussion of the series. (Katee Sackhoff and other cast members were on the panel, but not included in these clips.)

Mary McDonnell talks about the reality of BSG, and how that drew her to the role.

Ron and David discuss casting Mary and Eddie.

Eddie shares he thoughts on the show about his initial reluctance to do science fiction, how the title Battlestar Galactica made him want to run the other way, the impact of seeing Latinos in the future, and he talked about the monumental quality of the show and aging Adama.

Apparently every BSG panel Paley has ever done are available to view at both the LA & NY Centers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like how some youtube commenters were complaining that EJO was full of himself. Maybe he is, but so what? Narcissism is practically a job requirement for a long-term acting career.

ProgGrrl said...

OMG I love what EJO does when Eick is talking about why/how they cast him. Killer!

Anonymous said...

Guillermo Adama ;)

Greg said...

I happened to agree with what he said vis a vis the name and how he immediately turned around and ran away at first just because of the words "Battlestar Galactica."

Even someone as thoughtful as myself was like "BSG? Original SciFi content? Meh!" :

http://www.gregdewar.com/2004/01/adama_in_2004.html

but upon being dragged to my friend's house where I literally thought "I'll be nice, watch it for an hour and then join friends who are going out for a night on the town" and ending up, 4 hours later, jaw dropped, mind blown (remember that ending when you find out Boomer's a cylon?) and thinking "wow!"

Even now, I was talking to a friend who, upon me telling him about adamaforpresident.org asked me "but I didn't know you were a fan of Lorne Greene."

FRAK!

Anyway.