Friday, January 11, 2008

Bear's Appendix

Battlestar Galactica composer Bear McCreary reports he recently had an emergency appendectomy:

Everybody here that works with me on my scores budgets our writing and recording schedules very strictly, making sure that every day is precisely planned out. We don’t have any other choice. With scoring going full-steam on both Battlestar Galactica and Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, there’s not a lot of time to mess around.

I don’t usually factor in time to have an organ removed. But I might have to start.

I’m scoring the Terminator season finale on Monday when I get a stomach ache. 18 hours later, I’m in the ER having my appendix out before it explodes (I guess this means I’m not a Cylon). Now, I’m back at it, writing some last minute cues while hopped up on generic Vicodin. If the finale music gets a loopy, at least you’ll know why.

Now, before I get barraged with “get well letter”s… I am feeling much better now. :)


We're glad to hear you're feeling better Bear, but do get well soon!

For more details read Bear's full blog post.

1 comment:

Rabid Moose said...

Wow, Terminator finale already?