Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Last Blast Till Caprica


I just saw BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: THE PLAN, and truly enjoyed it.

There will be much more to say after the DVD and BluRay hit stores on October 27, but for now let me leave it at this: Anyone who ever felt intrigued by Cavil, Boomer, all the various *real* Sixes, and the other "minor" cylon models, will find plenty to enjoy in this film. Anders gets a surprising amount of screentime. There is a very enlightening moment with Leoben. As I hoped, we get a few memorable doses of this new Six. The Cavils -- and really, the cylons in general -- get the coda I always thought they deserved. It was big frakkin' fun to see great moments from seasons one and two woven in. Gods I didn't realize how much I missed you, BSG.


The whole film is cleverly reverse-engineered to keep asking that first question from the miniseries: "Are You Alive? Prove it."


ETA: warning - readers are posting spoilers in the comments on this post.

5 comments:

sk180 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sk180 said...

Apologies, I just realised where I spoiled. My brain malfunctioned. Once again sorry.

ProgGrrl said...

Oh it's ok, you didn't have to delete the comment! I warned everyone in my post. All's fair in love and ETC.

Greg said...

I saw it tonight, it was ok. It had the usual Jane Espenson inconsistency issues, but hey, it's better than most of what's on TV.

Honestly, the part I liked best was seeing the colonies, pre nuking and all that. Kinda interesting.

ProgGrrl said...

Yeah the holocaust section was cool. Really liked the hybrid's voiceover on that and seeing what so many characters were doing at that point.