Thursday, June 26, 2008

Off Topic: 1962

The first season AMC's series Mad Men comes out on DVD next week. And season 2 starts in a month. Marueen Ryan has the first pictures of season 2. Here are some promos that give you the flavor of Mad Men:











So, you might ask why is a Battlestar Galactica blog talking about Mad Men? Well, for the same reason I occasionally talk about Lost: Shows with great writing. (And BSG, Lost and Mad Men are about the only dramas I watch.) Besides you're not going to find any better program than Mad Men to watch over the summer, and while we wait for BSG to return next year with Sometimes A Great Notion. So, check it out.

See also, this excellent Mad Men blog, Basket of Kisses.

4 comments:

Greg said...

I hear you. I often say I'm a nerd who hates the following:

A) most TV
B) most scifi (and WAY MOST SCIFI Channel!)
C) most anime

But

When I do find something I like, it's a biggie. Seeing John Hamm in inferior roles on CSI or The Unit is just painful. He's SO FUCKING COOL in Mad Men.

Plus Mad Men touches on what I do for a living, which I like and um, o hai! it has Christine Hendricks in it too.

Seirously a win.

Logan Gawain said...

Yes, Christine Hendricks is awesome in the show. (Just as she was great when she was on Firefly.)

I actually don't think I saw Hamm in anything before Mad Men. I can't imagine anyone else as Don Draper.

Greg said...

he played a total douchebag in a guest role on The Unit. Looked nothing like the dapper Don, and was such a goofy character. I was like "What are you doing to my Don Draper, CBS programming?"

Anonymous said...

情人節禮物
同志聊天室
自慰
情趣用品
情趣用品
陰莖套環
男性自慰情趣用品
全自動往覆式自慰器
真人倒模逼真女陰
自慰蛋
自慰套
自慰杯
電動自慰器
按摩棒
逼真陽具按摩棒
電動按摩棒
兔型按摩棒
女同志情趣用品
雙頭龍按摩棒
穿戴式按摩棒
男同志情趣用品
後庭情趣用品
玻璃水晶精品
SM情趣用品
跳蛋
潤滑液
情趣內睡衣
情趣用品