Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A glimpse into Ron’s House

GalacticaBS recently posted the final part of their 3-part interview with Terry Moore, wife of Ron Moore. In this section she discusses Joss Whedon, her past in costume design, and a peek at what the Moores' lives will be like after BATTLESTAR GALACTICA ends:

Galactica BS: You've worked with Joss Whedon and you're married to Ron Moore, both television writers. From a creative standpoint, what can you tell us about these guys, what they're like and how they work?

Terry Moore: … Both Ron and Joss are really gifted writers. Reading their scripts is always a pleasure. Their scripts just stand out. They have very unique and singular voices. You can always tell a script either have written. They kind of sparkle.

[snip]

… Buffy was a very, very, smart show.

BSG, is a very, very smart show. Like I always say, and continually am challenged by, is that it doesn't matter if it a show about gangsters, vampires, doctors, or Cylons, as long as it challenges us, asks more of us than just passive viewing. Both Ron and Joss use their "genre" pieces as catalysts to explore ideas. Their shows are never just about vampires or Cylons. I think that is what has inspired such a response from their viewers.

Joss and Ron forged a nice friendship during the strike. Two formidable voices in the industry.

GBS: Battlestar Galactica is ending soon. Have you given much thought to "life after BSG" and the existing discussion forums you've followed, or future communities built around Ron's next projects?

TM: Hmmm. I haven't. Too weird. Ron and I got married not too long after the miniseries. BSG has always been a part of us. Mary acted as wedding coordinator for our wedding party's walk down the aisle. The actors, the crew, they are part of the fabric of our life. I can't imagine life without them, so I guess we will just have to see what it's like when we get there.

I don't think either of us is dealing with it. He gets really emotional about the end. I wish I could say that I was looking forward to some rest, but BSG has been very, very good to Ron Moore, and instead of one all encompassing project, there are about 6 on the horizon. Makes me tired just think about it. I can only hope that they are all on the west coast of North America. At least some of the family will stay intact for Caprica.

[snip]

…Ron and I have worked on adding a message board to his blog. I am on the fence about whether or not to move forward with it.

Still deciding what to do. Life keeps getting bigger and bigger. Ron's cup is runnething all over the place, he is turning down offers that would make you cry, but there are only so many hours in a day. It's beyond crazy. So I am not sure how many straws we can handle right now.

We’ll see. My idealistic self would like to get a board going...

The entire 3-part interview is now posted here.

Um. Excuse me for a moment…

*goes into fangirl coma*


1 comment:

Drache said...

"Ron's cup is runnething all over the place..." Aaahahaha! I love that, and I don't know why. :P