Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Mostly Off Topic

SyFy Portal has more information and details on the pre-Razor "mini-sodes" about young Galactica Viper pilot, William Adama during the first Cylon War.

BSG exec producer David Eick talked about The Bionic Woman at the Television Critics Association in Beverly Hills. And Michelle Ryan who plays Jamie Sommers in the series, talked about her fighting scenes with Katee Sackhoff:

"I loved working with Katee," Ryan said. "She has so much energy, and she's just so brilliant. And when she's fighting, she's so strong. I'd fight with the stuntwoman, and then Katee would come 'round, and it would be like, 'Wow, she can really fight.' And it was great, because when you're sort of fighting, you don't make too much contact. You don't want to hurt anybody. And part of the fighting was that I had to hit her in the stomach, and [I said], 'I can't. I don't want to hurt you.' And she was like, 'Just hit me!' And I did, and it was interesting how she was bringing that out [of] me, as Sarah brings the fighter out of Jaime. So I think it's going to be an interesting partnership."


...In non BSG news, creator of Babylon 5 J. Michael Straczynski talked to Sci Fi Wire about the SFX work on the new direct to DVD Babylon 5 release "Babylon 5: The Lost Tales".

This is a really cool trailer for a new documentary about the Apollo missions, "In the Shadow of the Moon."

On cable TV the other night I was watching the Harrison Ford bank heist flick "Firewall" and noticed that Ford's house in that movie, is also Baltar's house on Caprica.

Speaking of Harrison Ford, who of course worked with Edward James Olmos in Blade Runner, you can watch the first new footage of Ford suited up as Indiana Jones at the official Lucasfilm Indiana Jones site.

And with a new Star Trek film on the horizon coming from J.J. Abrams, a movement to resurrect Kirk from his untimely death at the hands of Ronald D. Moore and Brannon Braga in Star Trek Generations, is getting renewed attention and the BringBackKirk.com website has put this trailer they created on YouTube:


Thankfully, it's now only 75 days till the first Razor mini-sode airs. How do I know that, so exactly? Well, that's because I've downloaded the TV Forecast widget and the TV Countdown widget from the excellent folks at Big Bucket. If you use OSX 10.4 Tiger or have an iPhone (as they are working on an iPhone web app version) visit their site and check out their stuff.

75 days and counting...

No comments: