Thursday, April 19, 2007

Bear Along the Watchtower

Bear McCreary sent out the mass e-mail below to his readers:

Hi "Battlestar Galactica" fans!

I have to apologize for the late reply, but I hope you appreciate
that I've never seen my INBOX overflow like this! I was on vacation and
returned to find a million emails with the words "All Along the Watchtower" in
the subject heading. I hate "mass emails," but I'm left with no choice.
If I wrote each of you back personally, it would take me all week.

I'm thrilled that so many fans liked the "Watchtower" arrangement
and took the time to write me. Here are the answers to basically every
question I got:

1). The first release of "All Along the Watchtower" will be on the
"Battlestar Galactica Season 3" album in mid-August.

2). There will be no iTunes release, CD single, 45 or bees-wax cylinder
of "All Along the Watchtower" before the soundtrack album in August.

3). No, I cannot send you an mp3 even if you pinky-swear that you'll
never share it with anyone else, or offer "a million dollars," "beer,"
"womens" or "Uber cool hardware" :)

4). The soundtrack album will also include the instrumental version of
the song when Tigh, Tory, Tyrol and Anders are wandering through the
hallways.

5). Yes, the album version of "Watchtower" will include all 3 verses.

6). There are no plans to release a karaoke version of my "Watchtower"
arrangement. (No joke, I got more than one email about this!)

7). The live concert this year will be in Los Angeles, in August, to
coincide with the release of the season 3 soundtrack album. Details
will be posted on my website in the next few months.

8). There are no immediate plans to take the live concert and tour the
rest of the nation or the world. I hope to put together a touring version
of the concert sometime in the future.

9). A 2-disc Season 3 album is unlikely at this point, but rest assured
that the best of the best will make the cut.

10). There are plans in the works to release extra material from each
season that did not make the cut on any album so far. Most likely, these
tracks will be released after season 4.

11). Anything else I didn't cover can probably be answered here (click
on "BLOG"): http://www.bearmccreary.com/

So say we all!

-Bear

No comments: